The Psilocybe Cubensis Mexican is a 3rd generation strain from the famous Mexicana. The fruits produced by this strain show very interesting characteristics. This strain has been known to throw off many slight variations. The Psilocybe Cubensis Mexican has faster colonization than most Psilocybe Cubensis mushrooms. The big mushroom has a yellow head and a stalk of 8 to 19 cm. It’s a very easy-to-grow strain and one of the most famous magic mushrooms used all over the world
- Cultivation difficulty: Easy
- Substrate: Dung, straw, various grains
- Potency: Moderate
- Colonization time: 10 - 14 days
- Colonization temperature: 28 - 30 Celsius
- Fruiting temperature: 18 - 27 Celsius
- Brandless box
- Fruiting Bag with Filter
BEFORE YOU START (Repeat this process every time when working with the grow kit):
1. Wash your hands and forearms (preferably antibacterial soap but normal soap will do)
2. Clean the area where you are going to work
3. Work as clean as possible and don’t touch the mycelium with your bare hands (risk of contamination)
GROW KIT SET UP
Step 1. Carefully pour 900 ml water into the grow kit and let it soak for 12 hours.
Step 2. After 12 hours, drain the water carefully.
Step 3. Pour 150 ml into the bag and put the plastic container with the mycelium on the layer of water.
Step 4. Spray water over the de top layer and in the bag.
Step 5. Fill the bag with air and close the bag with the paperclip.
Step 6. Place the bag with the grow kit in a space with indirect lighting from outside and a constant temperature of 24-27 degrees
1ste flush MAINTENANCE (after the setup)
1. Open the bag every 2-3 days and spray water over the grow kit and seal it with lots of air in the bag (duration 0-21 days)
2. Once you see the first pins of the mushroom appearing, spray water every 4- 5 days and add fresh air
3. Pluck the first mushrooms when you desire but always repeat the cleaning process before you start.
2nd and 3rd flush: repeat the above process
The perfect Fruiting environment (100% grow guarantee)
1. Grow kit needs a constant temperature of 24-27 degrees.
2. Open de bag every 3-4 days, mist in the bag, and close the bag with fresh air.
3. Keep the grow kit wet, never let the mycelium dry out.
4. Perfect mushrooms grow best in a 12/12 routine. 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness.
- Lower or inconsistent temperatures will slow the growing process or break the mycelium.
- Treat the grow kit as if you would operate someone. Wash your hands and forearms before you touch work with the grow kit.
- Never put the grow kit in direct sunlight.
- Never let the mycelium dry out.
- Never touch the mycelium with unwashed and bare hands.
Before using this guide please ask customers how they set up their grow kit. Did they clean their hands to the elbow? Did they clean their working environment? Did they follow the exact guideline as mention above
The principal vectors of contamination
|Mycelium won't grow||Too dry||Before activating the grow kit, soak it for 12 hours in water.|
|Bacterial contamination||Start with washed hands and a clean environment. Sent mondo Mycologicals the batch number.|
|Black molds||Prolonged exposure to elevated carbon dioxide levels.||Lower CO2 levels and increase air exchange.|
|Mushroom form, but abort||Poor environmental conditions.||temp: 24-27 degrees, indirect sunlight, spray water, and exchange air 3-4 times a week.|
|Molds||Imbalanced growing environment. CO2 is too high. Mist mushrooms with water containing 1/2 tablespoon of elemental sulfur per gallon.|
|Chemical contamination from solvent, gases, chlorine, etc.||Remove toxins|
|Mushrooms form but stems are long; caps underdeveloped||Inadequate light||Increase or adjust the light to the correct wavelength|
|excessive CO2||Increase air exchange|
|Massive numbers of mushrooms form; few develop||Poor strain||Notify Mondo Mycologicals and sent the batch number of the grow kit.|
|Lack of oxygen, inadequate lighting||Adjust the parameter: more oxygen and increase lighting or adjust the wavelength|
|Mushrooms deformed||Competitor organisms (Mycogen, verticulium, bacteria, etc.)||Re-balance the growing room. check parameters. environment to favor mushrooms & disfavor competitors.|
|Inadequate air circulation||increase air circulation|
|Excessive humidity or watering||Reduce humidity to prescribed levels. Surface water must evaporate from mushrooms several times per day.|
|Chemical contamination||remove toxins|
|Mushrooms produced first flush, fail to produce subsequent flushes||Inadequate substrate nutrition||Notify Mondo Mycologicals and sent the batch number of the grow kit.|
|Competitors (bacteria, etc.)||Imbalanced growing environment. CO2 is too high. Every contact with the grow kit you need to wash your hands and clean the environment with antibacterial soap of alcohol|
|The window of opportunity missed||re-initate|
|Mycelium "panned"||Disturbed substrate; break apart & re-pack, allow recovering and re-initiate|
|Poor growing environment management||Improve and check all parameters (temperature, humidity, cleanness, air exchange, CO2 levels, etc.)|